Central North Island Guidebook
Explore everything from barren volcanic landscapes through to rock chasms hidden deep within lush forests.
Our guidebook has 70+ of the best crowd pleasing favourites to explore.
- Lagoons? Check out Ohinetonga Lagoon in Ōwhango.
- View millions of litres of water plummet off an ancient lava flow at Taranaki Falls in Tongariro National Park.
- Thermal stream surrounded by native forest? Wallow in the soothing waters of Kerosene Creek near Rotorua. Better than it sounds!
- Skiing? Check out our beginner’s guide to tackling Mt Ruapehu.
- Educational sheets for spotting native birds and trees.
- Department of Conservation Toyota Kiwi Guardian activity trails.
Our handy A5 sized guide is printed on gorgeous eco-paper and is the perfect size to pop into backpacks or the glove box.
All walks show distance and time of the adventure, the grade of the path and if it is suitable for buggies, bikes, wheelchairs and pooches!
Finn and I have personally explored each adventure and given them our seal of approval. (The ones we didn’t love haven’t made the cut!)